Wednesday 22 September 2010

Becoming An Online Distance Learning Teacher

I was in my late 20s and already had a few years experience as an instructor in accounting and finance for a state college in Seattle when I decided to become an online distance learning teacher. I read the specific details for becoming an online distance learning teacher from online articles and from the websites of the professional distance learning associations and organizations. Based on the materials I read, I found out that my teaching skills and qualifications made me well-suited for an online teaching job.

One of the essential skills for becoming a distance learning teacher is to have the computer knowledge for creating one or several forms of online distance learning classes. It was a good thing that when I was in college, I took extra subjects in computer software applications and computer graphics and design. I also had a master's degree and had complete professional teacher certification, and I continued to use the IT skills I learned in college in my present job as a college instructor.

The final step was enrolling in a distance learning certification program from an accredited college or university. I searched the Internet for colleges or universities that offered distance learning certification programs, and I chose a university that offered a certification program and I made sure it was accredited by a regional accreditation organization that was recognized by the U.S. Dept. of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation. I am now currently taking two distance learning certification courses in accounting and finance and since the courses are online with a flexible schedule, I did not have to give my full-time job as a college instructor.

Recent Post: Continuing My Early Childhood Education Course
                     Educational Learning

0 comments:

Post a Comment