Thursday 16 September 2010

Continuing My Early Childhood Education Course

It is just a few more weeks before I will finish my early childhood education course in October this year and I am already thinking about the review studies I will do for the state certification exam that I will take after finishing the course. But besides reviewing for the certification, I will also plan to inquire from the university if they have any on the job training programs that could place me in an actual working environment such as a daycare center or preschool facility in or around the Portland area. I have learned that gaining actual skills and hands-on training in applying the principles that I have learned from my course could contribute in making me a well-rounded early childhood educator.

Since October of 2009, the things I learned about the physical and emotional development in early childhood that have made an impact on my plans to be a professional early childhood teacher. So far, I have learned that the development of the motor skills and brain are crucial in the early years of a child's life. With the first three years, a child's brain is shaping into the specialized areas for the development of the organization, memory and function.

Even as an infant, the development of the motor skills are starting with the baby learning to roll over, grasp and let go of objects, and to sit up on his own. The emotional development begins to develop when the child forms an attachment or bond to the parent or other individuals who are close to him. I have learned that when a child starts forming attachments, he is ready to begin the early learning process.

Recent Post: Educational Learning Strategies For My Kindergarten Class
                     Educational Learning

0 comments:

Post a Comment