Sunday 5 December 2010

The Best Toys of Educational Learnings

When my son turned one year old a few months ago, he was already walking on his own and he was more active than before because he was able to walk and move around much better. Since anything he could observe, touch and feel could contribute in the start of his learning process, I decided that it was time for him to have educational and learning toys or toys of educational learnings that are appropriate for his age.

So I researched the Internet about the educational or learning toys that are appropriate for the age range of my 11 month old son. I found out that there were several types of toys that are applicable for his age and those toys were readily available in all the major toy stores or in the toy sections of many department stores. After comparing several of the toys I found in the Internet, I compared all of them and took notes for the types of toys that I should first buy for my son.

Based on the notes that I took, I decided to first focus on buying three types of educational learning toys that were appropriate for my 11 month old son. The three types of toys that I bought are wooden blocks, sorting toys, and bouncing balls. I learned that ten to 11 month old babies could  already stack from four to five wooden blocks, which could help in developing their skills for hand coordination and manipulation. The sorting toys come in various shapes and sizes and develop the skills for comparing and decision making.

0 comments:

Post a Comment